Thursday, November 8, 2007

I've made it a whole week!

It is kind of satisfying to look at the listings of posts by month on the right side of the screen and see 7 for November as I begin this post. And I actually kind of like taking the time to write a little something every day. It makes me think about what's important and interesting in my life. Like planning for the holidays. I know, I just ranted a few days ago about how it's not time for the holidays yet. But apparently the evil marketing machine is getting to me and I've resigned myself to start thinking about Christmas now.

If you're like me, there's always at least one person you get stuck on, and all of a sudden its December 23rd and you still don't have a gift for them. In an effort to prevent the Bilek family from being your sticking point, below are some things we'd like as gifts. Not that you have to buy us a gift. Cards are fine.

Lauren
--board puzzles, the simple wooden ones with little handles on the pieces
--books! Just make sure the pages don't rip easily. She likes pop-ups, but understand that they will likely be ruined within a month.
--CDs. She's discovered music and dancing. Please no Barney. Please. Seriously.


Dan Zanes is good, though.

--clothes in size 24 months or 2T. She still has chunky thighs, so stretchy is good. I have yet to find a pair of jeans that will fit.
--bath toys
--deposits to a 529 plan
--cash

Chris
--gift certificates to Golfsmith. He would like to get some new clubs for next season, and can use his employee discount.
--black socks
--cash

Deena
--gift certificates to Ann Taylor Loft
--women's business tote that will hold a laptop. Hard to explain, but they basically look like big purses, and are much more stylish than my wheelie computer bag.
--books. I've been reading more lately, so if you have a book that you love, I'd love to read it
--cash

You'll notice that cash is listed for everyone. Some people feel cash is impersonal, but I'm not one of them. Every year Chris and I put together the cash we receive for the holidays to buy one larger gift the whole family can enjoy. Last year it was our new TV. A couple years before it was a digital camera. You get the idea.

So there it is. The 2007 Bilek Family Christmas Wish List. Happy Holidays!

No comments: