Monday, November 27, 2006

We survived Black Friday

As if Thanksgiving isn't hectic enough with juggling two families, we decided we needed to buy a new TV on Black Friday. Having both worked in retail hell on this most horrible of days, we had sworn we would never shop on Black Friday, let along camp out over night. We should have held our tongues.

After returning home from Youngstown around 10pm with the little one in tow, I decided to drive by the store to scope it out. When I arrove around midnight there were about 40 people in line. So, back to the house to send Chris to wait in line. He bundled up in his mummy bag and braved the 25 degree weather, all to guarantee we'd get our 37" LCD TV for $500. Once Lauren woke up around 4am, I fed her and then headed off to relieve Chris. By this time there were several hundred people in line, virtually all of them waiting to buy TVs. After the baby handoff, I waited the final hour till the store opened at 6. Everything went smoothly, and we were watching our new TV by 7:30am. It was kind of like Christmas morning, only a month early. And again, I swear I'm never shopping on Black Friday!

No comments: