Thursday, October 30, 2008

This pretty much sums it up.

"I'm reminded every single day that I am not a perfect man. I will not be a perfect president. But I can promise you this: I will always tell you what I think and where I stand. I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face. I will listen to you when we disagree. And, most importantly, I will open the doors of government and ask you to be involved in your own democracy again."
--Barack Obama

I don't think I could explain better why my vote is going for Barack Obama. After the arrogance and closed-door policies of the last eight years, this is a refreshing take on what government is supposed to be: by the people, for the people. I may not agree with all of Obama's policies, but his spirit of openness and inclusion is something that's sorely needed. I also appreciate that his entire 30-minute infomercial focused entirely on his policies and platform, and didn't mention his opponent a single time. Again, what a refreshing change!

That being said, I still respect McCain and would have been much more on the fence had he not chosen someone soooooooo conservative as his running mate. It damages his reputation of standing up to his party, and probably lost him support from many middle-of-the-road voters.

We're down to five days left. Go out and vote on Tuesday, even if it's not for Obama. It's your choice.

No comments: