Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Time to wait and see.

I did my civic duty this morning, voting the old-fashioned way by going to my local polling location on election day. Ohio saw unprecedented numbers of early voters, including almost 3800 yesterday alone. But no, I waited until today. I arrived at my polling place at 6:25 am, the doors opened at 6:30, and I was in my car at 7:30. Not too bad, but still an inconvenience. I didn't see any issues where I was, other than the fact the poll workers are older than dirt and really slow. Every year I say I'm going to take the day off and work the polls, but I never do it. I guess I shouldn't complain.

And really, is having too many people vote a bad thing? I say no. But I think it does point to the fact that there's got to be a better way to vote given today's technology. I still say if the internet is secure enough for me to file my taxes there, I should be able to vote there as well. If I choose to. We're in the era of choice, so let's give that choice to voters.

I'm not planning on watching much political coverage tonight. I get sick of the pundits arguing over top of each other and making speculations based on extremely early polling results. I just hope there aren't any "hanging chads" to worry about, and that some state other than Ohio is the pivotal state. Maybe it's Pennsylvania's turn.

No comments: