Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One day to go.

So last night I finally consulted the Chinese Birth Chart to determine the sex of our next child. Everyone and their brother swears by this thing, and according to the site I found, it's accurate 93% of the time. It works by figuring out your age at the time of conception, and the month of conception. Apparently if you put those two together, you get a certain result. Silly me. I thought all along it had to do with whether the father passed on an X chromosome or a Y chromosome. In any case, here's what it shows for a 30 year-old who conceived the child in June (look in the 30 column):


Note the percentages. Those represent the chance of each option happening. Apparently I hit the boy jackpot, since none of the other ages have that kind of ratio of boys to girls. We'll find out tomorrow just how accurate this thing is.

In other news, I'm not watching anymore debates. Last night was just too painful and boring and stereotypically political. Do these things really change anyone's minds, or help them decide if they haven't already? God help us if they do.

No comments: