Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I finally voted for a winner!

**POLITICAL COMMENTARY BELOW**

I can't tell you how good it feels to know that I don't pick losers all the time. Ever since I've started voting, anyone and anything I've voted for has lost. I was starting to get a complex. But now that Barack Obama has secured enough delegates to get the Democratic nomination, I can officially say I've voted for a winner, even if it is a preliminary race.


I'm looking forward to the election in November. I feel like it's going to be a good race, and both candidates have their strengths and weaknesses. In past elections, I've actually been a McCain supporter. He's a straight shooter, has a lot of experience, and is respected on both sides of the aisle. That's important in a President...someone who can work with others to get things done. My biggest concern with McCain is his age. Not because it means he's out of touch, although that is a legitimate concern. It's more that I'm worried he won't make it through in good health.


With all that being said, I'm still leaning toward Obama. I know he doesn't have McCain's experience, but that means he's not jaded and skeptical and tied into "how things are done" in Washington. I do wish he had waited another four or eight years to run to get more experience, but I realize that a lot of things can happen in that amount of time that could potentially jeopardize the opportunity.

I mostly hope that this will be a clean race without a lot of mudslinging. Happy campaigning!

No comments: