Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Guitar Hero--what have I gotten myself into?


I've never considered myself much of a gamer. Yes, I owned an original Nintendo when I was in 4th grade, but that was about the extent of it. I never got into any of the online, multiplayer games, or even really into PlayStation 2. We only bought that one because it worked as a DVD player, too. But for some strange reason, this year I bought a Nintento DS. It's a great little handheld game system, and there's a great range of games available for young kids to old people (I'm in the middle there, I think).

This weekend Guitar Hero was released for DS. I've seen it played before, but never actually played it myself. But I couldn't resist picking it up. It's pretty cool...there's a guitar grip that slides into one of the slots, and it comes with a stylus shaped like a guitar pick to "strum" the strings. Now, the little time I have left in the evenings ends up in screams of, "For the love of God, I'm not Stevie Ray Vaughan...why am I playing his guitar solo?!?" And that's in Easy mode. I do kick Chris' butt, though :) So please, don't bother calling between the hours of 8 and 10pm. I'll be doing my best Santana impersonation.

No comments: