Tuesday, September 16, 2008

36 hours and counting.

Sunday afternoon started out as a pleasant day. We all went to the zoo and had a great time. Then, we observed the traditional Sunday Bilek Family Nap time and woke up to 80 mph winds. According to AEP Ohio, our power went out around 5:12 pm Sunday while we were at the grocery store stocking up on food, including a bunch of perishable stuff. My guess is that it went out when the neighbor's 3-story tree fell on the power lines behind our house. I'd post a picture, but my laptop doesn't have a memory card slot and I don't have power. The tree's still sitting there. AEP Ohio estimates that 90% of Columbus area customers will have power restored by midnight Sunday.

The good news:
--we have a gas range, so we can still cook.
--we have a gas water heater, so we can still take hot showers.
--we have a roof.
--it's not 20 degrees.
--it's not 100 degrees.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: