Monday, September 22, 2008

1 week, 4 hours.

So it wasn't Friday when the power came back on. Or Saturday. Or even Sunday afternoon. It was 9:15pm on Sunday, and the lead-up to it was quite entertaining. As it turns out, not only was there a tree on the wires, a line was down two houses over that had to be fixed. But that couldn't be completed until the tree was off the lines.

Around 2pm on Sunday I awoke from my nap (what else to do?) to find workers standing in my yard, eating granola bars, and looking up at the power lines. I went outside to see if there was anything I could do and possibly get some information. They said they might need to move some small yard-type equipment into the backyard. I told them to do whatever they needed, including killing all my trees and plants. On their way out of the yard, they eyed the neighbor's three small trees/bushes on the property line. They joked that if they pulled those out, they could get the big truck back there.

Turns out that wasn't a joke. We went to mom's house to do some laundry and eat dinner, and when we returned there was a bucket truck from a tree service in our yard. They pulled the neighbor's trees out, even though she wasn't home and they didn't have her permission (she didn't care). Once the tree was taken out, that bucket truck left and the power bucket truck came in. About 45 minutes later we were watching TV and loading the dishwasher.

I'll update the post with pictures later today!

No comments: