Friday, August 3, 2007

First of all, let me start by saying all of our friends and family in the Twin Cities are fine. Chris is still in shock over the whole thing, given that he's driven over that bridge more times than he could count. I think you can even see the bridge in the background of some of our wedding photos. Chris took the boys downtown to do their pictures before the wedding, and they could see it from where they were. This map helped me to put it all into perspective.


I always find these kinds of things sort of surreal. I'm not alone:
“I realized there was nothing I could do so I continued to take pictures,” Reynolds said. “I realized I couldn’t capture it on film. It couldn’t fit it in the camera. Some things are meant only for the eyes.”

As always, I try to find some sort of good in any situation. I'm just a glass half full kind of gal. From what I can tell from the coverage, it sounds like the emergency response by Minneapolis-St. Paul was fantastic. 22 of the city's 26 fire trucks were on the scene within an hour, most of them within 15 minutes. In the end, over 200 rescue crews from Minneapolis-St.Paul and the surrounding suburbs aided with the rescue efforts. I was also impressed and touched by the stories of victims turned heroes. So many people fell, figured out they were ok, and then went on to help those who couldn't help themselves. This is the most touching photo I've seen yet.



Keep the Twin Cities in your thoughts.

No comments: