Monday, January 1, 2007

Welcome 2007!

Happy new year! Hopefully everyone survived the new year's festivities with minimal adverse effects (meaning hangovers). This year was definitely a different kind of celebration for the Bilek family. We've never been known for partaking in big parties on New Year's Eve. There are just too many amateurs out there to enjoy ourselves. But we have always managed to tie one on a bit. This year we hung out with the Thornburgs at their place and played a little Trivial Pursuit. Somehow we still didn't get home till after 2am. Waking up for the 6am feeding sure was fun.

As I look back on 2006 I can't believe how much has changed, but also how much as stayed the same. Our lives have changed in so many ways with the addition of Lauren to our family, but we still have the foundation of wonderful friends and family to draw upon for all the craziness she has brought with her. I'm thankful that I have a good job that is flexible enough to allow me to watch my daughter grow up, and that we have family in town to take care of Lauren when we need a break. We are truly blessed in so many ways.

I wish all of you a 2007 that is ten times as good as 2006!

No comments: