Monday, January 8, 2007

Go Bucks!

The big day has finally arrived. 13 hours and counting until the big National Championship game against Florida. Grandma has been kind enough to take Lauren for the night, so we'll be going to our usual hangout, The Pointe Tavern, to watch the Buckeyes (hopefully) beat the Gators. I'm also taking tomorrow off work to recover from the festivities. I love vacation days!

On the baby front, things continue to go well. I did an unofficial measuring last week and it appears that Lauren weighs 18 lbs. and is about 26" long. She's a big girl. We've started introducing some solids, just rice cereal and oatmeal so far, and she's doing really well. It's amazing that less than 4 months ago she was born, and now she's sitting up and eating from a spoon. They grow up so fast...is it too early to start saying that?

The weight gain also means she'll outgrow her infant car seat in the next month or so. Given the recent news about how they perform in crashes, this might not be a bad thing. Luckily we have one of the models that passed the tests. Still, I didn't think we'd be plunking down more cash for yet another baby device so soon. Good thing it's tax time!

I've also returned to work full time, which means Chris is now working part time. Grandma still watches Lauren three days a week, and Chris keeps her at home the other two. We'll see how this goes. I have a feeling I'm going to be very tired for a few weeks until I adjust.

Finally, I apologize for the lack of pictures. I promise we'll get some up soon.

No comments: