Friday, May 16, 2008

Lauren found the scale in the bathroom, and now thinks it's really fun to weigh herself. Little does she know that in about 15 years her new toy may be one of her least favorite things. At this point, it's more about standing on top of something, not understanding what that "something" is for. Anyways, since we're down to annual doctor's appointments, we haven't really kept track of her weight or height. I looked at the scale when she was on it yesterday and it said somewhere between 34 and 35 lbs. Not horrible, even if it is still completely off the charts, until you realize that the super-cool tricycle we bought her a week ago has a weight limit of 37 lbs. Two more pounds and we're going to have to buy a new bike. I was really ticked off at Radio Flyer until I looked at the growth charts. A 3 year old weighing 37 lbs. is in the 95th percentile. Yep, the kid is big.

If I can get her to stand still long enough, it might be time to start the pencil marks on the door jamb to measure height over the years. I remember my Grandma Turnipseed had one of these door frames, and it had pencil marks for all of her grandkids. Every year at Christmas we had to get measured and see how much we had grown. Sure, there are probably much more high-tech ways to keep track of this stuff. I could start a MySpace page or Facebook profile for Lauren and put it out there for all the world to see. Oh wait, that's kind of what this is, isn't it? Still, I like the idea of doing some things the old-fashioned way. Maybe if I duct tape her to the frame she'll stay put...I think she's probably 3 feet tall now.

No big weekend plans...the weather's supposed to be crappy, so I'll probably spend most of my time listening to Lauren whine and keeping her from getting into things she's not supposed to.

No comments: