Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy St. Easter Spring!


Wow, I didn't realize how much had happened since the last time I posted. St. Patrick's Day, the first day of spring and Easter, all in a two week period of time. I suppose a recap is in order.

St. Patrick's Day
I vaguely remember St. Patrick's Day gatherings pre-Lauren. I think there was Guinness, maybe some corned beef, some goofy hats, and that's about all I can recollect. Probably too much Guinness. This year, we went a little more low key. I made corned beef and cabbage, which left a lovely smell in the house for nearly a week. The whole Thornburg clan came over, and we had a nice, relaxing dinner. There was still some Guinness involved, but nowhere near the quantities consumed in the past. Next year I'm going to try out a recipe for Guinness cupcakes I found. Yum!

First day of spring
It snowed. I shouldn't be surprised. Our weather guy always says it snows at least once after the forsythia blooms. It still hasn't bloomed yet, and it's March 27. I have a feeling I'll be posting snow pictures into May at the rate we're going. Grow, forsythia, grow!

Easter
Let's do a comparison, shall we?
Easter 2007

Note the lack of neck, scarcity of hair on her very round head, and the propped-up pose. She wasn't crawling yet, and she was at the heigh of her rotund-ness.

Easter 2008

Now she's eating ham and being a ham. This is her "so pretty" pose that Grandma Darke taught her, complete with hair all in her face. The girl hates hair clips. Or maybe it's that she likes them so much she wants to eat them. I haven't figured it out yet, but regardless, we end up pushing the mop of hair out of her face on a regular basis.


She also discovered the fun of putting olives on your fingers. Let's just say she ate a few too many olives and leave it at that.

We had a nice Easter dinner with Grandma, and that was about it. The Easter Bunny came and brought a few toys, but nothing over the top.

So that's about it. We're chugging right along, waiting for some nice weather...

UPDATE: Chris has mastered the ponytail!

No comments: