Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Eve!

It's hard to believe that one year ago today I went to Riverside Hospital to kick my kid out of my belly. In case you can't remember a year back, I had to be induced since Lauren was apparently perfectly content being a parasite. My original due date was 9/19, and a week after that we took matters into our own hands (well, my doctor's anyways). 20 hours later, Lauren arrived and my life hasn't been the same since.

To put things in perspective, here's Lauren(with Tenzin) when she was a little over a month old...she's the one with the bow on the shirt:



Now, here's Lauren last weekend:


In the first picture she couldn't do much of anything, except eat, sleep and fill a diaper. Now she's walking. It's amazing that someone can change so much in such a short period of time.

We're really excited that Grandpa and Grandma Bilek are arriving tomorrow to begin 3 days of birthday festivities. They haven't seen Lauren since Memorial Day, when she wasn't even crawling yet. I can't wait to see how much they have with the wee one.

I'll post more after the monkey-themed birthday party on the weekend. Wish me luck in decorating a cake shaped like a monkey...I haven't used cake decorating tools in many years, so it will be an adventure!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Deena

It's Bob and Joan Fein...remember us from Kalkaska? I (Bob) tracked down your father on the internet because Gordy Larson and I were wondering "what ever happened to Al Turnipseed?" I was able to locate him and he told me about your blog.

Your little one is cute as a bug! It is so nice to see you all grown up, happily married and being a mommy. Of course, you've changed a little bit since we last saw you.

Betsy had a baby boy just about the same time as you...Eli was born on September 9, 2006. Bente is getting married next June.

We'd like to hear more about you and your family. My e-mail address is rfein@charter.net. If you are interested, I'd be happy to share Betsy and Bente's addresses with you two. I know they'd love to hear from you.

Take care,

The Fein's