Thursday, August 14, 2008

When I was pregnant with Lauren I didn't gain an exorbitant amount of weight, just around 30 lbs., which is well within the normal rane. Problem is, I carried all of that really low, which means I now have a lovely patterns of stretch marks all over my lower abdomen and thighs. Not quite sure why the thighs gained weight, but I'm blaming it on pregnancy. Anyways, I figured with #2 I wouldn't get anymore stretch marks...I already stretched once and can prove it, so why would I get new ones? Well, I now have new stretch marks. Found them last night, along with some freakishly visible veins all along the sides of my belly. Good thing I gave up on the bikini long ago.

In non-pregnancy news, we have more family in town this week. Chris' sister Brea took a quick side to trip to see us while visiting her in-laws in Illinois. It's been pretty low key, just hanging out and playing with Lauren. They ventured to the Columbus Zoo yesterday, which is quickly becoming a Wednesday ritual for us. (Hint: a great gift for Lauren's birthday or Christmas would be a family membership to the zoo.) Then we went on to Red Robin for dinner, which is by far one of the most kid-friendly restaurants around. Except for the carousel horses used as decoration. Try to explain to a 2 year-old that she can't "ride horse". Not so much fun. After dinner, it was on to the mall, where Brea bought Lauren the cutest giraffe print hat. Great for those trips to the zoo.

We're looking forward to our vacation that starts next week. I'll post later about that, but let's just say that a 2 year old + 12 hours in the car=frightening.

No comments: